We believe God gives everyone abilities and we see it as part of our work to encourage and develop those abilities. We do this to allow everyone to live their life to the full and as part of that, take the fullest part in worshipping God together.
We have an elected leadership team which consists of a Minister and a team of Deacons. The leadership team work together to seek God’s will for the Church, and each member coordinates a particular area of God’s work here.
– is our Minister, and enjoys an eclectic taste in film and music. In his spare time he likes to do a bit of Geocaching. Nathan has a passion for helping people develop authentic grounded lives routed in the timeless truths of the Christian faith.
- is our secretary and this year shares responsibility for the Church Fabric with Pete Crane, and Mission and Outreach with Sheila. Tim is retired and in his spare time he loves gardening and has, in the past, opened his garden for the NGS.
– is our treasurer. He has been a Professional Engineer for more than 20 years and currently works for Nissan developing the next generation of vehicles for Europe. Paul is married to Sarah and they have 6 children aged from 13 to 22 as well as 2 dogs. A keen musician, he also plays in a traditional brass band and enjoys playing the piano in his spare time (yes he does get some!).
- is married to Claire and is involved with the church’s outreach work as well as being an occasional preacher. He works as a non-executive director these days, following a lengthy career in industry, which has taken him and his family to different parts of the world. His leisure interests include hanging out with his children and grandchildren, Rugby (especially Northampton Saints), taking detailed instructions in the garden and reluctantly keeping fit!
- is responsible for church fabric with Tim Hunt. He has ridden motorcycles most of his adult life and is an active member of the Christian Motorcyclists Association U.K., which he first joined in 1987. Pete worked as a lorry driver until losing his left leg in a motorcycle accident in 2013. He volunteers at a rehabilitation centre, swims, plays wheelchair basketball and still rides a motorcycle, but now with a sidecar.
- is retired but has four children and eleven grandchildren who she enjoys spending time with, so she's kept busy! She also enjoys making things and gardening. Ann and Lesley are the Pastoral Care Deacons. She believes in team work so will be looking for others to join her in her pastoral care responsibilities.
- shares responsiblity with Ann for Pastoral Care. She has just retired from nursing after 47 years in the NHS, mostly as a Practice Nurse, and is still doing some caring jobs. She enjoys visiting family, especially her 2 little granddaughters in Devon. She loves the outdoors, gardening & walking.
- has been married to Alan for over 50 years with two children, 5 grandchildren and a couple of great-grandchildren. Before retiring she was a Prison Chaplain for 15 years. Sheila is a member of the Prayer Ministry team and Safeguarding Trustee.