We believe God gives everyone abilities and we see it as part of our work to encourage and develop those abilities. We do this to allow everyone to live their life to the full and as part of that, take the fullest part in worshipping God together.
We have an elected leadership team which consists of a Minister and a team of Deacons. The leadership team work together to seek God’s will for the Church, and each member coordinates a particular area of God’s work here.
– is our Minister, and enjoys an eclectic taste in film and music. In his spare time he likes to do a bit of Geocaching. Nathan has a passion for helping people develop authentic grounded lives routed in the timeless truths of the Christian faith.
– is our church secretary. Her outreach work happens through facilitating groups like Monday Club, Thursday Café and Rendezvous. These groups all meet needs in the community, and build relationships. In her spare time she enjoys scrapbooking and knitting for the family.
– hails originally from Northern Ireland, but emigrated in 1985. Along with his wife and four children, he has lived in Daventry since 2001. He is our Treasurer and Fabric Deacon.
- is originally from Cardiff in South Wales but has settled in Long Buckby with her husband and two children. She leads the music group and has been working with the youth group for the past few years. Whilst in Wales, she studied Fine Art which is still a great interest of hers.
- is retired but has four children and ten grandchildren who she enjoys spending time with, so she's kept busy! She also enjoys making things and gardening. Ann believes in team work so will be looking for others to join her in her pastoral care responsibilities.
– has been in our church since she was a baby and became a member in 1976. She leads the Seniors team, and organises Monday Club as well as the Toddlers and Babies Group. She does the flowers as well as catering for Church events, including heading up the team for the monthly Thursday Café.
- has an interest in education and is chair of governors at a local secondary school. Peter focuses on prayer and discipleship within the church. He enjoys spending his remaining spare time with his family.
- has been married to Alan for over 50 years with two children, 5 grandchildren and a second great-grandbaby due in July 2019. Before retiring she was a Prison Chaplain for 15 years.